If you have been arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated (DWI) in the state of Texas, you know how serious it can be. Penalties can be severe and reputations suffer. If you have any prior DWI convictions, or had a passenger under the age of 15 at the time you were arrested, the penalties are substantially increased. You may lose your job and your family. Child custody and visitation may be jeopardized if you are divorced or in the process of getting a divorce.
Just a few of the penalties you may face if convicted include:
- Spending time in jail.
- Imposition of hefty fines.
- Ordered to go to alcohol counseling.
- Suspension of your driver’s license if convicted.
- Suspension of your driver’s license if you refused to take a BAC test.
- Requirement for installation of an Ignition Interlock Device on your car if you have prior DWI convictions.
- Auto insurance rates will increase.
Contact an experienced DWI defense attorney
The Law Office of Rachelle D. Carter, a Texas DWI lawyer, located in Houston Texas and serving Harris County, Fortbend County, Montgomery County and Brazoria County can help. Call her before you talk to anyone about your case. She will thoroughly investigate the facts of your case. Some defenses may be:
- The Breathalyzer machine used for the BAC test was not calibrated according to the requirements.
- The officer who conducted the Breathalyzer test was not trained and did not administer the test properly.
- You have a medical condition that resulted in a false positive test.
- The stop of your car was not on proper grounds and violated your Fourth Amendment constitutional rights.
- Field sobriety tests were conducted in such a way that the subjective results are unreliable.
Attorney Carter cares about justice and helping her clients in the best way possible. You can trust her to pursue your case with vigor and achieve the best possible outcome.